Wednesday, January 2, 2013

40 Day Challenge



Today is my first day- My first day of trying to make my life better. Today is my first day of trying to change my life from being lazy, bored, and feeling that I need to do something, but getting distracted. I am going to go on a 40 day chalenge to change my life around. After I get distracted, I decide not to do anything else. I have Spring Break now, and I need to start changing. To start with, I have the following problems:

  • An Addiction
  • Gained Weight
  • Depression
  • Lowered Grades
  • Wasting Time on the Internet
To change bad habits, most people start a day at a time. Life is too short for my life to be dictated by my problems. 
 An Addiction- I'm going to try to not indulge in my addiction. I feel awful after I'm done, but it feels great when I do it. I only do this when I am bored and I feel I'm wasting my time. It happens after I'm studying and I need a break, so I check up on the internet, and end up being nostalgic and watching old cartoons
Gained Weight- I have been Bodyrocking and ZWODing this week. I haven't done my workouts today yet, but I think I will soon. I have 2 workouts scheduled: Best cardio and ZWOD 5. I already wrote a workout schedule, and i've been sticking to that. Usually I do my workouts early in the morning, but I skipped today's. 
Depression- This week, I've been feeling depressed that I have not been studying. I don't want to cram, but the more I put off my studying, the more depressed I get, and the more my addiction gets fueled. I a
Lowered Grades- I told myself I would study today, but instead I watched Full House reruns all day. I told myself I would start studying early in the morning before my workout, but I started watching Full House episodes on my computer. But I can still study, right? My schedule when I have school is to usually study early in the morning. But with all of my extra time, I have not been doing that at all. There are only 3 days left for break, and when I come back, I'm going to have all of these tests!
Wasting Time on Internet/Internet Addiction- Most importantly, I have been addicted to my internet. This whole week has been full of watching youtube videos and reading DailyMail articles. My problem is that I go to youtube to play music on my playlist, then I see the recommendations have my favorite shows on them and I watch them. When I play my playlist to study, I will study. But I haven't been listening to my inspirational music for a while now.
So- Today marks my first day of changing my life around. Hopefully by the end of 30 days, I will be able to say these bad habits are a thing of the past. I will update everyday of how I did that day. I hope I can change my life around!

No comments:

Post a Comment